conflict files and confidence

I am using ubuntu one from a test machine, and have placed
approximately 13GB of photo files into the ubuntu one folder during
the previous week or so.

At one stage in the ubuntu one sync uploading processes I did look
again at the ubuntu one folder on the test machine and then saw that
some of  the folders were at that time labeled as conflict folders.

I awaited more complete uploading  of the sync process before I
investigated  further - I am feeling my way into understanding of
ubuntu one.

Some folders did not have a conflict marking associated with them,
however others do have, and are pairs, one marked conflict, while the
other is not.

I now see that the folders marked conflict are (probably?) the
original folders I pasted into Ubuntu One initially. However, the
corresponding folders which are not marked conflict, appear to be empty.

Apparently the process of ubuntu one web storage at some stage did a
sync back to the test (originating) machine while the sync condition
was from an empty (that is incomplete) empty folder in the web storage.

I am testing stuff out, however, I am surprised that I may in some
circumstances, have lost data because the sync back process created
empty folders. OK the folders marked conflict still held the data.....

But I now have some significant work to do to check things and clean
up correctly the ubuntu one folder. Probably I have to use the
conflict folders and use them to replace the non conflict, empty, folder.

I like the idea of ubuntu one, and want to support ubuntu. However, it
would be inconvenient to find incorrect sync back will systematically
produce empty files.

Any comments please?

--
alan cocks