Re: Ubuntu One prototocol

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 10:48 AM, Matt Griffin
<matt.griffin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > Where can I find this information ?
>> Currently everything that is put into local instance of CouchDB[1] gets
>> replicated to ubuntuone servers.
>>
>> You can find the info about the relevant document formats at [2].
>>
>> File sync service does not use CouchDB so this is a separate
>> protocol[3].
>>
>> [1] http://couchdb.apache.org/
>> [2] http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/desktopcouch
>> [3] https://launchpad.net/ubuntuone-storage-protocol/
>>

> Also check here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOne
> Ping the development team at #ubuntuone on freenode if you have questions.

Howdy Matt,

With all due respect, could technical discussions please be kept on
mailing lists - especially something that may not be completely
documented, or is in the process of being learned about by a large
number of people?

Having to wade through fragmented scroll-backs/archives of
discussions, usually complete with "pings (are you there)", and
interleaved with unrelated discussions and countless joins/leaves can
sometimes be quite a time sink.

Thank you so much!

   Marc