Re: Ubuntu One prototocol

On 12/27/2009 05:52 PM, seb117@xxxxxxx wrote:
Ok, thanks.

Is planed to provide a full documentation directly in wiki of Ubuntu website ?

I have other questions :
- How to identify and connect a device ( use specific API/Protocol ?) ?
- How to add device ?
- Is possible to create and manage account without using the ubuntu one website ?

We probably won't document the CouchDB replication protocol directly ourselves, since the CouchDB team themselves do a pretty good job of it. Identifying and connecting a device for CouchDB replication is done via OAuth; take a look at the ubuntuone.oauthdesktop Python module on your Ubuntu machine for the signing-in/device-creation side of that, and the desktopcouch.replication Python module for how we trigger replication to happen and how it's signed.

Creating and managing accounts without using the website will be possible in the 10.04 release, but isn't currently possible. If you're looking at doing this from an Android phone, you might find http://fireeagle.yahoo.net/developer/documentation/oauth_best_practice a useful guide to providing "custom" callback URL schemes which can start an activity on Android.

sil