Re: Ubuntu one does not work anymore

Hi Cristian,

I'm Forwarding the main to the list.

On 02/26/2010 08:55 PM, Christian Schuerer wrote:
[snip]

So, the current options are:
   1) use u1sdtool, e.g: $>  u1sdtool -c

   2) use DBus directly, e.g: $>  dbus-send --session
--dest=com.ubuntuone.SyncDaemon --type=method_call /
com.ubuntuone.SyncDaemon.SyncDaemon.connect

Thank you for pointing this out. But honestly - don't misunderstand me, please
- is this really true that the applet got removed, leaving e.g. KDE users, who
do not want to install nautilus, without any GUI to connect? The Ubuntu One
applet was working really fine with KDE in karmic. What are KDE users, who
update to lucid, expected to do?

This is just for the interim, the applet is being replaced with a new GUI proposed at UDS.

By the way, neither of your three proposed ways connects and syncs my files
with Ubuntu One. The first one just does nothing and the dbus command is wrong.
And in nautilus a connect-button is shown, but nothing happens either when I
push it.

You can check the status of syncdaemon using:
$> u1sdtool -s

Please try that ^ command, if it shows something like this:

State: READY_WITH_NETWORK
     is_error: False
     is_connected: False
     is_online: False

This means syncdaemon is running but not connected, try running:
$> u1sdtool -c
again.

Regards,