Re: Seeking feedback on Android U1 app

2010/5/19 Dan Trevino <dantrevino@xxxxxxxxxx>

> 2010/5/18 Michał Karnicki <mkarnicki@xxxxxxxxx>
>
>> Ooooopsy, I didn't provide the link, excuse me everyone!
>>
>> http://android-u1.blogspot.com/
>>
>> <http://android-u1.blogspot.com/>Mike
>>
>> 2010/5/19 Michał Karnicki <mkarnicki@xxxxxxxxx>
>>
>> Hi all!
>>>
>>> I'm taking part in Google Summer of Code this year, and would love to
>>> hear back what you think about the sketches I've made of the GUI of soon
>>> to-be-implemented Android Ubuntu One client. These are just some mockups,
>>> also sorry for the quality (I'll try to upload better ones soon). Let me
>>> know, what you think. I'll be waiting for your opinions.
>>>
>>> By the way, to answer potential questions on one matter, the 'Enable
>>> verbose logging' option in the Settings section is *not* intended for
>>> Release version, but for Beta testing.
>>>
>>>  Sincerely,
>>> Mike
>>>

> Looks like an awesome start.
>
> It strikes me that much of the data can be fit into the some of the UI
> patterns that are highlighted on a recent blog post at the Android
> Developers Blog [1].  It would be especially nice if you could extend U1
> contact sync to Android and make those contacts available on my phone.
>
> [1]
> http://android-developers.blogspot.com/2010/05/twitter-for-android-closer-look-at.html
>
> Dan
> ---
> Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Open Standards!

To add to this, I would love to see more integration of Ubuntu One with
Google products. Android is finally at crucial tipping point now so lots of
people will be using Android to access Google services such as Contact sync,
Calendar sync and EMail sync. It seems that U1 is trying to reinvent the
wheel slightly with this and perhaps it may be a better idea to try and
align them slightly.

I add Google Calendar, IMAP and Contacts to Evolution and of course they are
sync'd on my Android phone too, so it seems some tighter and more
transparent integration between U1 and Google accounts would be a good idea.