Re: Desktopcouch not syncing - focused on bookmarks

On Wed, 01 Jun 2011 08:43:54 +0200, wimpunk <wimpunk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Unity has nothing to do with it, or at least as far as I see.  Although
> I tried your suggestion, doesn't make any difference.

Correct, Unity is completely unrelated.

> After checking the results with the latest scripts from bzr
> +ssh://bazaar.launchpad.net/~rye/%2Bjunk/ubuntuone-scripts/ it looks
> like pulling the bookmarks always almost fails. Looking in the logging
> it gives me:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File
> "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/desktopcouch/application/pair/couchdb_pairing/couchdb_io.py", line 319, in replicate
>     data = local_server.replicate(source, target)
>   File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/couchdb/client.py", line 214, in
> replicate
>     status, headers, data = self.resource.post_json('_replicate', data)
>   File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/couchdb/http.py", line 399, in
> post_json
>     status, headers, data = self.post(*a, **k)
>   File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/couchdb/http.py", line 381, in post
>     **params)
>   File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/couchdb/http.py", line 419, in
> _request
>     credentials=self.credentials)
>   File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/desktopcouch/records/http.py", line
> 259, in request
>     raise ServerError((status, error))
> ServerError: (500, ('json_encode', '{bad_term,<0.4529.0>}'))
>
> Is there anyone out there who can help me to solve this problem?

People have been reporting this error off and on, but we have not yet
been able to diagnose the cause yet. I'm tracking this problem here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/desktopcouch/+bug/786456

Please subscribe to that bug to be notified of our progress, and perhaps
see if you can help us by attaching the relevant logs from your system.

--
eric casteleijn
https://launchpad.net/~thisfred