Notification about Notes

Throughout last year, as we invested heavily in our new data sync
infrastructure [1], we gradually had to turn off services that were
reliant on the old infrastructure and providing little value to our
users. Our Notes service was one of these, so last year we removed Notes
from the Ubuntu One web UI.

As part of that ongoing strategy to constantly make sure we are spending
our time on the right things, we’ll continue to improve our services
during 2013. One of these updates, an upcoming database change, will
impact how we currently sync Tomboy Notes. By the end of February 2013
we will cease syncing Tomboy Notes to U1, meaning U1 won’t transfer your
notes between computers. Those of you still using U1 to sync your notes
will need to stop relying on the service to sync or restore notes after
new installations.

We realize syncing notes to Ubuntu One was a nice feature for a small
set of people, even so, we are contacting the Tomboy developers to help
them support our new APIs which utilizes our new U1DB data sync service.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this causes and if you have any
questions please contact us [2].

--

Originally posted at:
http://voices.canonical.com/ubuntuone/2013/02/04/notification-about-notes/