Re: FiniteElement classes

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 05:46:03PM -0400, Marie Rognes wrote:
> Martin Sandve Alnæs wrote:
> > Take a look at the file elements2.py in the latest ufl hg repository.
> > Is this ok?
> >
> > Instead of
> >
> > fe = FiniteElement("CG", ...) # scalar element
> > fe = FiniteElement("Nedelec", ...) # vector element
> > fe = VectorElement("CG", ...) # vector element
> > fe = VectorElement("Nedelec", ...) # invalid element
> >

> Just a comment: I typically want to write something like
>
>     VectorElement("Nedelec", ...)
>
> in order to have a vector of Nedelec elements...!

Take a look in the new elements.py. I have added some information
about the ranks of different elements and a possibility to register
new elements. I don't think ScalarElement will be needed. Just as
before, we have two things: FiniteElement and MixedElement and then
VectorElement and TensorElement as special cases of MixedElement.

The file ufl_io.py was missing so I couldn't run the code, so it's
probably broken in a few places...

--
Anders