Re: [HG UFL] Fixed lhs/rhs bug, turns out it was in the list_tensor handler.

Kristian Oelgaard wrote:
Quoting Harish Narayanan <harish.mlists@xxxxxxxxx>:

Garth N. Wells wrote:

Harish Narayanan wrote:
Martin Sandve Alnæs wrote:
I fixed _something_...

Now I'm getting:

Visiting Zero: Zero((), (), {})
Zero is not supported (yet).

*** FFC: Zero is not supported (yet).
*** FFC: To get more information about this error, rerun FFC with
--debug.

And sfc fails to compile the form for some other reason.

I am just writing to note that the original form I was trying to compile
where I noticed this error (it was not a system) is now working.

What's the status of this? Is it critical enough to hold up a release
(more to the point, a release of all the other FEniCS components which
is long overdue)?
I just checked this and the case that Martin mentioned (which has a zero
rhs) still doesn't work.

I wouldn't call this a bug, it's just a missing implementation. We have a ton of
other things that are not implemented/supported yet, so if we have to wait for
all that, the release will never happen.
At least it crashes with a sensible error message.

OK. So unless someone is working on resolving it imminently. I suggest that we move forward with a release.

Garth

Kristian

cell = triangle
d = cell.d
I = Identity(d)

vector = VectorElement("Lagrange", cell, 2)
scalar = FiniteElement("Lagrange", cell, 1)
element = vector + scalar

v, q = TestFunctions(element)
u, p = TrialFunctions(element)

F = inner(grad(v), grad(u) - p*I)*dx