Re: How should we unify notification handling? (was Re: Thoughts on notify-osd API)

I think we need to ensure that if the DE is KDE, then all apps communicate
with the KDE notifications. and similarly under a Gnome DE, that all apps
communicate using the Gnome notifications.

If this means we need to extend Plasma, and propose patches back to KDE for
Plasma, then I am all for it, as long as we 1) engage the core KDE upstream
teams and 2) get buyin from said teams on any proposed solution.

I assume this this is what you are driving at in solution #2. Solution #1 does
not fit the bill here.
Roderick B. Greening, B.Sc.
Paradise, NL Canada
E-mail/MSN: roderick.greening@xxxxxxxxx