Re: Things I have noticed

On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 12:43 PM, Jacob Peddicord <jpeddicord@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 3:29 PM, Natan Yellin <aantny@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I can think of plenty of other options that would be nice though:
>  - Positioning and size
>  - Default expiration time
>  - Theming? Different colored backgrounds/font color, etc for those with
> different GTK themes

I agree with these for sure. I'm having issues with positioning
because I use the top-right of my screen a lot and I keep having
notifications "flashing" because I'm using my mouse in the area of the
notification. Bottom-right would work a lot better for me I think.

> I have to admit, when I first saw notify-osd a few months ago, I hated it.
> But now that more applications are supporting the system, it feels *a lot*
> better -- not perfect, but better.

Ditto. For as much as I've complained (even though I've always
attempted to be constructive about it) about notify-osd over the last
couple months, Jaunty ended up pretty well. I think there is a lot
more to be done, and maybe some things to rethink, but I appreciate
Canonical's work on opening this project up more to the community and
hope they can do even more for Karmic.

-Jordan