Re: "Power information" notifications

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 1:27 PM, Steve Dodier <sidnioulz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been having a look at gnome-power-manager's notifications lately, and I
> found out that it was popping up notifications with 4 to 7 lines, which is
> far from optimal. I've quickly made some icons and text changes in order to
> try to make these notifications more little - thus faster to read, because i
> wasnt even able to read the emergency notifications to the end, with the
> current amount of text.
>
> I attached to this email the icons I've made for the purpose, alongside a
> script that you can run and that will popup the current and the proposed
> notifications. (Just extract the file to your ~ and chmod+x the script, then
> run it, it'll use notify-send).

What a cool little notify-osd presentation! I agree that it can be
hard to read all of that info, and it is a bit verbose. Using an icon
to demonstrate battery status is a neat idea also, as it involves less
reading (faster to understand) and isn't something that needs to be
translated. I'd love to see some of these improvements in Karmic in
some fashion and agree that notify-osd is quite a wonderful thing.

--
Michael Rooney
mrooney@xxxxxxxxxx