Re: notify-osd + fullscreen + multiple monitors

Aurélien Gâteau wrote:
> I created a patch which detects fullscreen windows and disables
> notifications in this case, but it does not take the multiple monitors
> case into account: it just stops notifications if there is a fullscreen
> window on one of the monitors. I have two solutions:
>
> 1. Leave it as it is
> 2. Try to find a monitor without fullscreen windows and show the
> notification there
>
> What do you think is the best solution for this?

I think we should choose a monitor and *stay there*. If we define the
monitor as "the one where the Gnome panel with the Applications menu"
is, or "the one where the clock is", then that's where we should put the
notifications.

If the panel moves, we should move the notifications.

If *that* monitor has a fullscreen app, then we silence non-critical
notifications. I.e., we don't move the notifications to some other
monitor. That's unexpected behaviour, users will not be able to
anticipate it. And of course, someone would ask for the ability to
configure the overflow sequence :-)

Mark