Re: notify-osd + fullscreen + multiple monitors

David Siegel wrote:

> On the other hand, we can agree that OpenOffice Impress in presentation
> mode is a very special case, and that if we had to pick a default
> behavior for notify-osd during a presentation, it would be more
> reasonable to turn notifications off than to leave them on.

Even open office impress is not a special case!
How many times does anyone double check a presentation before actually
presenting, so does this mean that during all these double checks of the
presentations the user doesnt want to be notified?

however well one tries to setup a list, we cannot decide all the use
cases for notifications being displayed or not.
 every user has varied uses, maybe a user browses firefox using only
fullscreen mode, or watching a streaming video, or waiting for another
user to login while he is watching a movie! so does that mean he doesnt
want to be notified of the wireless signal lost?

the best solution would be having both options of
1>temporarily turning off the notifications except low battery
notifications or system critical notifications [seems this is being
worked on]

2>allowing easy dismiss of the notifications just in case the user has
forgot the presence setting or just to dismiss the single
bubble[definitely needed]

cheers,
mac_v