Re: notify-osd + fullscreen + multiple monitors

Rick Spencer wrote:
> Using full screen for "the user doesn't want notifications" seems a bit
> blunt to me, though perhaps would work fine in practice. Moving
> notifications to a different screen seems like a lot of unpredictability
> to me.
>
> Here are some more ideas ... I'm sure you've considered them, but
> thought I'd offer them up ...
>
>  * Allow a right click on the MI that has a "pause notifications"
> command. Simple and direct without attempting to read the user's mind.

We won't have right-click options on the indicators.

>  * Perhaps an API call to pause notifications that can be called by apps
> when they definitively know?

Yes, this is an option. If so, the user should be able to call the same
API, effectively. The plan is to have a presence setting which
influences this. That plan is a little sketchy right now, because "choke
non-critical notifications" is orthogonal to the existing presence
settings, and it needs thinking through.

>  * Similar API call, but proxied through gnome session or FUSA that sets
> a "do not disturb" flag that an be used by notifications and other apps
> as well.

Ed Zachary :-)