Re: notify-osd + fullscreen + multiple monitors

What about console-presenter and evince / other PDF viewers ? They're
used too for presentations. I don't think we can maintain an
exhaustive list of applications, so maybe we should provide the user
with a GUI to tell which apps shouldnt be overriden and in which
circumstances (and have our own default apps there, like Evince in
fullscreen, Presenter in fullscreen, etc).

This GUI could also maybe offer options for how to manage
notifications in different presence settings (away / slightly busy /
don't disturb me at any cost or kittens will die / etc), with, again,
our default settings. This way, every user who doesn't feel at ease
with the default behaviour would be able to make it more accurate, and
we'd cover a good percentage of use cases.

Also, the purpose of notify-osd vs indicator-applet is that what pops
up in notify-osd is system to user while indicator-applet is apps to
user, right ? If the apps communicate with indicator-applet, then the
user can choose where to retrieve his messages there and it'll be
allright. And if we use notify-osd only for things such as the song in
the music player, battery / brightness / volume notifications, and
such stuff, then the user shouldn't miss any information who would
have interested him while he was busy, right ?

A last word, about indicator applet, a bit off-topic thought. Please
make sure to give each app a max amount of items to display in the
applet. It would be bad if it had to turn into those IE pop-up
blockers that end up with 400 craps that the user will not even try to
read. Make sure each app uses it nicely so that it doesn't become a
'junkbox' the user would lose interest for.

Cordially, SD.