Re: Things I have noticed

So something of an "offline mode," similar to that of mobile phones?

I really like this idea, and agree that as I'm also mostly a user interested
in usability, the issue of notifications popping up while watching a movie
in full screen would be annoying with others, not so annoying by myself.

I also like the concept of an "offline," icon involved in there.  Far too
often, I forget that I actually made a setting change, and never went back
to return it to the default.
     The iPhone uses the airplane icon, no...
     My Nokia phones simply give me an "X" and the text "Offline"...

     Perhaps something like a comic strip text bubble's silhouette with a
red "X"; Some visual reference that reminds the user, "notifications are
offline until you change that"...

Anthony