Re: System / hardware indicator

2009/6/16 Mark Shuttleworth <mark@xxxxxxxxxx>:

> Ted Gould has been a proponent of a system / hardware indicator, and I've
> been working on how to handle things like USB-unmount and Bluetooth-connect
> and am coming round to the idea. What do you guys think? If there's support
> for the idea, we could do a round of design work and present it here for
> more detailed discussion.
>
> Mark

This would be a great thing, but it really should be integrated into
something, like the Indicator Applet. Another thing in the
notification area would be too much. However, it's hard to use the per
program paradigm for hardware, because you'll have to break users'
expectations.

Regards,
--
Sense Hofstede