Re: Getting users to care (was Re: [Fwd: Re: Update manager])

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 19:31:54 +0200 Martín Soto <donsoto@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>This is the reason why I was asking
>Scott to produce some explicit evidence, because, so far, I have the
>impression he's mostly speaking based on his own feelings. I may be wrong
>about this, of course.

You are.  I have tried to monitor all the public feedback about this change the I could reasonably track.  My impression is that outside the group of people that designed and implemented this change it has received virtually no positive feedback.

This change does not directly affect me since I use Kubuntu.

I was actually reporting almost entirely about my impression of feedback from people who experience this change and virtually not at all about my own experience with it.

Scott K