Re: Updates on Login

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 9:54 PM, mac_v <drkvi-a@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Your scenario is at the GDM.
> You state that the the updates notification arrives just at the login!
> Which cannot happen.
> The usual secure wireless connection takes atleast about 10-15 sec to
> connect... after which the system has to check for updates... which will
> take atleast 1-2mins...
>
> If the user is not connected then the updates cannot be notified at the
> GDM at all!

We know we have updates before we get to gdm, during the previous session we
checked and found updates, we took note of this state but wait to take any
action until next gdm. I don't see what you're not understanding.

This concept has a lot more flaws, but i dont want to express them all
> since i dont see it gathering any support.

No please do, because I'm confident that I can address them, and /have/
addressed them in my initial scenario.

> AFAIK, i dont want to spend time initially for updates... But rather get
> on with my work and do my updates only when I'm free.

You DO get on with your work, you just start the update process first, and
then move on.

People, please read my entire story carefully before trying to point out
your 'flaws'. I've addressed many of these in my initial proposal.

--
--Alex Launi