Re: Updates on Login (was: Re: [Fwd: Update manager])

> My roll on the Canonical Design and User Experience team is to make Ubuntu
> the most enjoyable to use operating system in the world, so I hope you can
> forgive me for making "[it offers a] more pleasant experience" the main
> thrust of my argument.

David, as I told before, there's no intent of bashing you.

> Even if you knew you
> could leave something running on your machine and go home, it still might
> cause a lingering uncertainty (did it ask me for confirmation? Was there an
> error? Is my computer still on right now? Is it logged in?!)

This is something I can agree with. (oh well, it should probably log
out before upgrading, but the other points still apply).

That said, I feel i've exhausted my thoughts on the topic. I'll leave
the rest of you brainstorm on the idea :)

Stefano