Who has rights to comment

Why should it?
If only experts voices going to be considered and given preference, this
should be called an "Ayatana UI Expert's discussion" ML .
If it is so, then are all those commenting here just wasting their time?

And if thats the case,even your above comment shouldn't be considered ;)

I believe every person's comment needs to be considered equally
irrespective of their expertise and a sensible solution reached.

BTW, who is an expert ? a person with a college diploma?

> >But in no way at all do the arguments bare any weight on having the
> >feature implemented or not. Regarding the design of the product this
> is
> >not a valid argument. I was commenting only on that. ;)
>
> Just because you disagree, doesn't give you the right to discount
> other opinions or the appropriateness of people expressing this.

Are you trying to shout me down...   ;p
I think everyone has the right to voice their opinion ,
just as your right to say i dont have a right to dismiss another's
view   ;)

I'm *not trying to make an issue about your comment* , I feel you have
somehow mistaken my comments as suppressing an experts view mainly
because they are active in KDE.

But, I'm replying to *ensure none are discouraged by your comments* .

Members need to raise their concerns and know they will be heard .
If varied views are not brought to the table, the Ayatana direction
would be very limited.

--

Cheers,
mac_v

PS: a short list of non-experts ;) :
George Washington , Abraham Lincoln , Albert Einstein , Alexander Graham
Bell , Thomas Edison , Rush Limbaugh
Galileo, Rembrandt, Rodin, Bonticelli, Da Vinci, Michelangelo,
Caravaggio, Van Gogh, Manet, Monet, Goya, Picasso,...
None of them either went to college or completed college.

So they would not be experts in the traditional sense either... ;)