Re: Message Indicator: Listing apps in menu even if they are not on

mac_v wrote:
> But rather wanted to say, the product is still in development cycle.
> When a product is in *development cycle* it is reasonable to find
> several changes in the apps almost every day.
>
> We cant keep constantly banding the doors for an answer which might
> change at anytime during testing!
>
> Rather we need to offer solutions about what seems wrong.
>
> Its just we are not used to such changes in specs , since only recently
> has Ubuntu been doing upstream development.
>
> take for example: gnome3 had changes in several aspects and even now we
> dont know what it is going to end up as...

But I think Celeste's point is valid - if the documents say "it's an
indicator for messages that have arrived", then it grows launching
without those docs being amended, we're at risk of getting into the same
ad-hoc featuritis that has cause usability problems elsewhere. I think
it's perfectly reasonable to expect us to conceptualise, articulate and
plan the intended experience *before* development happens.

In this case, that's happened, but the docs haven't kept up, and Celeste
was right to point that out.

Mark