Re: Question about Bug Reporting Tools in Ubuntu, from a design perspective...

> It's a damn good question! In general, the meme of "desktop apps talking
> natively to LP" is very cool. We want the Software Center to be able to
> automatically add PPA's you're subscribed to, for example.
>
> The Ubuntu One guys should be delivering an API which lets an app get
> credentials in LP without going via the web. Elliot Murphy would be able
> to connect us to the right person on that team.
>
> Those credentials could then be used to complete the bug submission,
> without hitting the web browser at all.
>
> Mark

And that's a damn good answer. The less a user has to do with respect to filing
a bug, perhaps they will be more willing to hit the 'submit' rather than
cancel the process.

I think this would make a great UDS discussion topic as to how we move towards
this. Perhaps someone from one of the apport/LP/foundations/etc teams should
write up a blueprint?

If not, I can certainly submit one, though it would be better coming from the
correct team who would be able to drive this home.

Cheers,

Rod.

Roderick B. Greening, B.Sc.
Paradise, NL Canada