Re: Question about Bug Reporting Tools in Ubuntu, from a design perspective...

I'd like to see this one as well for another reason.  Yesterday I was
reporting a Jockey bug and upon submission, launchpad died.  The website
gave me an oops and assured me that someone was looking into it. This
was after a particularly agonizingly slow submission process.

I had no idea if my report was received (it was) or if I had to retype
everything(I didn't).  I'm pretty well versed in the ways of the web.
But what if I wasn't?  I spent about 10-15 minutes total clicking,
getting the info and writing it up only to experience the fear of total
loss.  Would the rank beginner have ever tried to submit a bug after
that experience?

A client could grab all the info quickly and submit it in the background
without the user having to hold his breath over the true irony of the
bug database crashing from a bug.

-
Jim Rorie

jfrorie@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.unconventional-wisdom.org
IM: jfrorie (XMPP/GoogleTalk)

There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty:
Soap, Ballot, Jury, Ammo. Use in that order.