Re: MI idea suggestion

There is a branch in telepathy where email support is somewhat worked on
though it's kinda abandoned atm.
Yes telepathy is meant for real time communication and hence in real time u
will get notifications for your emails. ie the capabilities will be limited.
this is NOT a replacement for your email client.

The capabilities might be something like how pidgin gives mail
notifications.

maybe something like that we can do in telepathy with notify-osd and mi
integration so that we support many more protocols.

The way this works is that for new mails the google/yahoo server sends the
new email msg to us, just like it sends it to it's own messenger on windows