Re: Regarding Notify-OSD's Position in Karmic Koala

On Wed, 2009-10-21 at 13:37 +0200, Victor wrote:
> I quote Mark from earlier in this list:

> There's always a temptation, when two smart and well-meaning people
> can't agree, to add an option so they can both get what they want. It
> "costs nothing" to add the checkbox, and it creates the illusion of
> consensus because "we can each have what we want" which makes it "easy
> to collaborate". This dynamic drives a lot of UI - especially in open
> source, where the consequence of a refusal to reach a compromise might
> result in the loss of a contributor.

Thanks Victor,

Something I missed. I need to be clear about what configuration at the
distribution level and configuration shown to the user running a default
installation.

I mean distribution level. Users should have as few options as practical
by default, but developers should have the option to develop at their
user's request, an optional addition to express optional options as
optional dialogs in a hypothetical optional way.

Sorry if I confused what I was saying by not being clear enough.

Regards, Martin