Re: Regarding Notify-OSD's Position in Karmic Koala

2009/10/21 Matt Wheeler <m@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> 2009/10/21 Luke Benstead <kazade@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> You legend! Yeah, exactly that kind of thing, I think it would look pretty cool.
>>
>> Thanks a lot!
>>
>> So, good idea?
>
> Are you actually suggesting that messages that stay visible for longer
> should bob up and down depending on whether there is a newer message
> beneath it?
> (if that is not the case then perhaps the messages in the video need
> to be numbered rather than just labelled "new" and "old").
>

> --
> Matt Wheeler
> m@xxxxxxxxxxxx

No. At the moment in the top-right, notify-osd displays sync
notifications above the async versions. Mark said that one of the
reasons why the notifications are at the top of the screen is that
async notifications can grow. At the top of the screen when a new line
is added, the bubble grows downwards. The mockup is to show that you
can move the text upwards and fade in the next text when it grows, so
the bubbles can grow upwards and still look good. At the bottom of the
screen the sync notifications would be below the async so that bubbles
don't move around when the async grows. Make sense? It make sense in
my head at least :p

Luke.