From: Jim Rorie <jfrorie@xxxxxxxxx>
To: ayatana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, October 21, 2009 7:29:01 PM
Subject: Re: [Ayatana] Regarding Notify-OSD's Position in Karmic Koala
working on it. Whether we include it appears to be an open question now.
This is a whole separate thread.

More importantly, I'm concerned about the desktop vision. And I think
that concern is valid. If you want proof, check the mailing list stats.
This has generated the most mail of any thread in quite a while, even
Mark's post about closing the list.  The people on this list are
passionate supporters of Ubuntu.  And again, they are the marketing
muscle behind it's success.