Re: Regarding Notify-OSD's Position in Karmic Koala

2009/10/21 mac_v <drkvi-a@xxxxxxxxx>:

<snip>

> What we could do is:
> - Place the Async bubbles in the lower right, at a height keeping in
> mind the max[10 lines] allowed for append. So the bubble is in the lower
> right position but not exactly in the corner. This would make the
> bubbles not have a problem of scrolling text.
> - Place the sync bubbles to be in the lower center. At the same height
> as the async bubbles but centered. [Similar to where the upstream
> volume/brightness notifications are placed]
>
> -OR-
>
> - Revert back to the dynamic positioning of the bubbles and place the
> bubbles in the lower right at the height assuming for 10 lines of text.
>

> Then again we might get complaints that the bubbles are not exactly in
> the corner... ;)

How about having the async bubble grow smoothly, with the text sliding
upwards and the new text already draw sliding & fading into view, so
it does appear more like a teleprompter. This could possibly enable
the notifications to start of right in the bottom left, and grow
upwards while still being easy to follow.

The sync bubble could either be displayed right in the corner with the
async bubble above it, or alternatively in the top right corner,
meaning both bubbles could be right in the corner, if this is a
concern to people.

Sorry I'm not in a position where I can create a demonstration of this
working at the moment.

--
Matt Wheeler
m@xxxxxxxxxxxx