Re: Regarding Notify-OSD's Position in Karmic Koala

I wanted to understand something here, as it feels that I'm getting
something wrong.

I'm working on 22" monitor with 1680x1050 resolution, and bubble are coming
at the top
of the screen as expected. So I don't have the problems Dylan had.

Here's the thing though: the bubble is usually very visually distinct, so it
immediately draws my attention. But
when I move a mouse over it, it gets blurred and mouse clicks on it do
nothing. The worst part is that
when the mouse is out of the bubble, the bubble gets again the full opacity
and still draws attention, as if nothing
happened.

I can do this until the world ends, but this behavior seems unnatural for
couple of reasons:

1. If the message means something to react upon (such as Gwibber
notification, email, empathy, etc), it should, indeed, react
to my mouse clicks. For example, by clicking on the bubble with gwibber
notification I expect to get a gwibber
window, and by clicking Empathy notification I expect to get a chat dialog.

2. If the message doesn't need my "response" (such as network reconnect
notification), why does the bubble goes away
when I move a mouse over it? It strongly draws my attention due to its GUI
attributes, but it is not clear what am I suppose to do with it.

Currently, the best way to "use" notifications is just ignore the bubble,
wait until it disappears and then go to its source to see what's going on.
It kinda negates the whole concept, isn't it?

Alex.

One thing I noticed: