Re: Regarding Notify-OSD's Position in Karmic Koala

> Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 08:41:46 +0200
> From: djay.il@xxxxxxxxx
> To: ayatana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> CC: brettcornwall@xxxxxxxxx; dylanmccall@xxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [Ayatana] Regarding Notify-OSD's Position in Karmic Koala

> I wanted to understand something here, as it feels that I'm getting something wrong.
> (...)

I suggest you read the specification in https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NotifyOSD.

In short: the notification bubbles are not supposed to be interactive. Not even in the

sense of being interactively closed. The bubble fades away when the mouse is over

it to make it possible to interact with things below it (see-through and click-through).

And all the reaction needs you mentioned are covered by the indicator-applet:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MessagingMenu

Regards,

Tony

Windows Live Hotmail: Your friends can get your Facebook updates, right from Hotmail®.
http://www.microsoft.com/middleeast/windows/windowslive/see-it-in-action/social-network-basics.aspx?ocid=PID23461::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-xm:SI_SB_4:092009