Re: Application indicators in gnome shell

On Fri, 2010-01-15 at 00:56 +0000, Shane Fagan wrote:
> I just wanted to ask about application indicators in gnome shell. The
> screenshots they have made up may not work with the spec. Here is how
> they want rhythmbox to look
> http://www.gnome.org/~mccann/shell/mockups/20090630/05-music-details.png
> as an application indicator.
> Can this be done with the application indicator's spec currently?

The issue isn't the application indicator spec, it's the dbusmenu
implementation.  We simply can't represent menu items that are that
complex.  It's our goal to get much richer for doing things like
NetworkManager, but not for Lucid.  The goal for Lucid is to get the
basic menu items working really well.

		--Ted