Re: Gradual-awareness notifications (was Re: GSoC '10 Idea : NotifyOSD improvements)

On Thu, 2010-03-25 at 22:15 +0000, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:

> We do need to develop a good approach for the response-required
> interruptions. So far, we've put out some guidelines ("pop up a window")
> but left it broadly unspecified and not provided any new framework or tools.
>
> Mark

I concur wholeheartedly and enthusiastically. :)

IMHO, the two use cases you should examine are:

1) The aforementioned incoming SIP phone call for the high priority
case.

2) Firefox downloads for a low priority case.

Both of these are in dire need of interactivity.