Re: Fwd: Proposal of new UI element for windows in Ubuntu: Esfera

On Friday, 26 March, 2010 03:26 PM, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:
On 26/03/10 06:59, Chow Loong Jin wrote:
This is some really cool stuff, but one UI element doing everything,
and especially because the appearance is just a blue circle, really
does not seem intuitive. We would need a manual describing exactly how
to use the control (akin to the proposal attached earlier), or it
would be just a single (albeit powerful) UI element that nobody uses
because they don't know what it is.
Yes. Especially since it combines "interacting with an object" and gestures.

Mark

Glad to know that even if you find flaws in ideas you still give 'em a chance considering the amount of mails you get.

And yes, that thing does need a manual. The artwork should render what it does, but I don't know how to do that in such a small space.

Allan