Re: Fwd: Proposal of new UI element for windows in Ubuntu: Esfera

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 7:37 AM, Jim Rorie <jfrorie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'd be scared of a no-button, gesture-only interface for one reason.
> Accessibility.  Not necessarily a person with motor coordination issues,
> but simple old age.  I've noticed that double-clicking, an act that most
> of us take for granted, can be difficult for older people.  I'd hate to
> add complex gestures to that equation.

But certainly a viable option to be considered as a "alternative" window
controller?  Perhaps something that is activated, much like the advanced
option of Compiz.

Gesture based navigation is an awesome concept!  It wont be for everyone,
but it is a new way to consider user's navigation...

Just my .02

-Anthony