Re: Restart required indicator

On Mon, 2010-03-29 at 22:05 -0500, Ted Gould wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-03-29 at 16:17 -0400, Jim Rorie wrote:
> > Could you not use red arrows like the blue ones in the messaging
> > indicator?
>
> Yes, icons would be fine.  We should probably come up with something
> more holistic as was mentioned in another fork of this thread.  I'm not
> sure that "Application Running" and "Restart Required" are really
> similar enough to warrant the same graphic.  I guess you could look at
> it as "Attention Required" but that's not really the point of the ones
> in the messaging menu today.
>
> 		--Ted

Actually those blue arrows stick out in an otherwise monochrome menu.

It would probably be better to use the new checkmarks or the
radiomarks , instead of the color icons. [mockup attached]
Or just toggle transparencies of the active application icons. Currently
there are too many rows of info there.

--
Cheers,
Vish