Re: Farewell to the notification area

On Mon, 2010-04-26 at 13:57 -0500, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> "David Siegel" <david.siegel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >What does this have to do with the notification area changes? Please
> >continue this conversation elsewhere if you must. Let's all do our
> >part to keep Ayatana discussions on track.
>
> I guess it depends on if you believe security is irrelevant to U/I
> design or not. Since at least some related changes have potential security
> implications,  I think the question of if it appropriate to ignore those
> implications is right on topic.

Whether or not it's important to UI design is independent to whether it
is related to removing the notification area.  For instance, the update
manager icon could as easily be an app indicator or notification area
icon.

So, I think what David is asking for here is another thread more than a
removal of the discussion overall.

		--Ted