Re: Farewell to the notification area

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 22:12, Ted Gould <ted@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Whether or not it's important to UI design is independent to whether it
> is related to removing the notification area.  For instance, the update
> manager icon could as easily be an app indicator or notification area
> icon.
>
> So, I think what David is asking for here is another thread more than a
> removal of the discussion overall.
>
>                --Ted

yah, things drift away and we all sail along with them sometimes, i
noticed this since i recently joined this list.
while charming on the one hand, it can get a little confusing and
perhaps even stall a creative process by adding too much dissipatory
energy..

i think we all know the rules, if you want to take it OT, branch out.