Re: Default to single click to open files and folders

I'm curious to how "pure" this discussion is.  Is the aim of Ayatana simply
to provide the most intuitive design ever, or does it take into account how
things are done in Windows and Mac and make reservation for it?

Single-click to open is the reason I immediately dismissed Mepis in 2005 and
ended up with Ubuntu.  Only much later did I discover that KDE offers the
ability to change this behaviour.  But it was the default behaviour that
turned me away.

Also, I'm a Windows user for roughly 9 hours of my (working) day.  Then I
come home to a house I've fully converted to Ubuntu Lucid.  I
*need*consistency.  This is, for example, why my window controls are
back on the
right and that's why they'll stay there until Microsoft decide to offer the
left as an option.

I don't want to sound to knee-jerk here, but some things need to be put into
the context of the wider world.  It's already been said by Conscience, I
believe, but if this change comes through, you'd better be incredibly
confident about its implementation!

First impressions and consistency.  This counts for a lot and I get the
impression from the short time I've been following this list that it's
greatly underestimated.

Neil.