Re: Default to single click to open files and folders

On Thu, 2010-05-13 at 11:14 -0700, David Hamm wrote:

> For the short term I would copy windows7 to the T.
> Hovering over and icon selects it.

The overlay idea seems sound to me. It would have the added advantage of
making draging, etc far more easily discovered.

> For the long run I would consider making it default; with touch in mind.
>
> Normally single clicking doesn't really present any problems. And I
> would liken it to driving faster on the road. But when you remove the
> right click it starts to get interesting.

There is a Simulate Secondary Click option under the Accessibility tab
in the Mouse Preferences that should solve that problem. Although I
remember having issues with it on a multi-touch trackpad in the past.