Re: Default to single click to open files and folders

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 13:25, Diego Moya <turingt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Ayatana/DoubleClick?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=FileSelectionMockupBottomNotice-3.PNG
>
> I've subverted the beautiful mockup created by Joern to show my idea.
> The design doesn't include a checkbox, just the drag handle.
>
> Clicking on the handle would select or unselect the current file, and
> selected files are shown as usual. The "open file" and "select file"
> are clearly separated, and the design is finger-friendly. The "click
> handle to select" is less discoverable than it would with a checkbox,
> though.

Maybe the bottom part of the handle could just show a checkbox. The
entire handle is still a target, but the checkbox is just for
discovery. Plus, you could keep the checked boxes in the other
selected files, to make it clearer that they will also be dragged if
you drag the handle.

--
Remco