A task panel

here the last message on this, the conversation had continued on the
GNOME Shell list:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kao Chen <kaochen2@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, May 22, 2010 at 14:20
Subject: Re: Re: A task panel
To: Sriram Ramkrishna <sri@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Leo <leolas92@xxxxxxxxx>, gnome-shell-list@xxxxxxxxx, jhs@xxxxxxxxxxx

Extensions can be  a good things, if we have one only interface in
order to download them, enable/disable them, and change their options.
If each extension have got its own different way to install or
different ways to change its options, it will be a big mess. We need a
extensions center.

I return to the task-panel subject.
I thinks it will be a major extension, even if I prefer a direct integration.

So, in my research of the perfect solution, I built an other mockup
and I added a wheel.
Turn the wheel and you can access to each open applications.
We can turn it by just approaching the mouse, without click
I always forgot the desktop shortcut in my mockup but i think we
really need one.
I hope that you'll like it
http://nsa15.casimages.com/img/2010/05/22/100522021446485052.jpg

Kao