Updating UI issues

Hey all,

I have a bone to pick with the update system in Ubuntu. It hasnt changed
since I started using Ubuntu (Gutsy).
For one I dont think we should get asked our password to check for
updates. (Thats a big one for me). I dont even think by default the user
should have to check at all. I think it should be checked once every
week instead unless the user doesnt want that.

The second thing is can we put the updates in the software center
instead? I know its complex to implement but having a separate program
with only 3 buttons is a waste.

Can do any of this for Maverick? Even if we ship the update manager but
allow updating from the software center id be happy.

--fagan

Follow ups