Re: Papercut or not? Bug #495403 in One Hundred Paper Cuts: “Do not raise windows or dialogs without user input”

> One of favourite horrible things: choosing to show a window via an
> indicator applet, like Empathy, or Rhythmbox, or Transmission,
> sometimes causes it to appear below the stack of windows. Then I can
> either reach to the window list applet (which I am opposed to for
> moral reasons), or I can click the indicator again and choose hide
> window, then click the indicator AGAIN and choose show window (while
> crossing my fingers).

Yeah, I think this is a very old and well-known Gtk bug. If I
remember correctly, some applications like Tomboy implement
hacks to work around it, and those are not 100% guaranteed
to work.