Re: "Move to", "Copy to", "Send To.."

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 04:45, David Hamm <davidthamm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ...I'm curious about nested pie menu's, however standard menu would
> have to be worked out first.

The standard menu is an unfriendly raw printout of the list of options that
should be available via secondary click.
To turn the context menu into an actually useful UI, we would have to
optimize it visually for whatever interaction case we prefer
*mouse optimized
*touch optimized
*keyboard only
*mouse & keyboad optimized
*low resolution optimized

the solution that would fit all cases would be to fit your design into a
nested pie.
Ayatana should know that the user can not focus on more than 7 list items
efficiently at once, so it doesn't make sense to present him with more than
that usually..
Even offering more than 2 options at a time often leads to a lack of
orientation.
Nested pies are ideal here, since they allow control via arrowkeys, colors,
shortcut-letters and mouse equally comfortably.

Forget to add that trash would be under the "move" option in this
> case.

i prefer an extra item for "delete" or "trash".
Why do you recommend moving it to "Move" ?