Re: Fwd: Open Letter: The issues with client-side-window-decorations

My 2 cents.

Who draws indicator icons? Who draws the indicator applet? Who decides where
it go?

Isn't this setup the same as what we want from client-dictated objects in a
window titlebar? The applications that put things in the indicator applet
don't get to draw arbitrary things wherever they like, and their behavior
can't cause the indicator applet to misbehave (I hope). They speak a
protocol, to which the indicator applet responds with its own action,
drawing what it wants, where it wants.

Likewise, the best solution to client-dictated titlebar objects is for the
application to speak a protocol, to which the window manager can decide to
draw the appropriate object, where it wants.

--
Jeremy Nickurak -= Email/XMPP: jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxx =-