Re: How do I know when I'm connected to the network successfully?

On 15/06/10 02:09, Tyler Brainerd wrote:

>     All the discussion of it I've seen to date has been netbook
>     focused.  I'm interested to hear from someone at Canonical about
>     desktop .
>

>     Scott K
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Networking
> That's why I quoted from this page. It states fairly clearly that they
> are starting with the netbook edition, but it's the beginnings for all
> of ubuntu.

That's correct - we would like to use the new UI with connection manager
on the netbook edition for 10.10 and with the desktop edition for 11.04.
Of course, there's a lot of work to do to make it work to the required
standard, but we're completely committed to getting that work done.

It would be great to have Kubuntu along each step of the way, though
it's a Kubuntu decision if they want to make the switch it will be
easier for them to benefit from work being done elsewhere in Ubuntu if
they do so. The network indicator itself should be easy to embrace, what
may be more difficult is the network settings interface now being designed.

Hope that helps.

Mark