Re: Updating UI issues

On Mon, 2010-06-21 at 08:28 -0700, David Hamm wrote:
> "https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SoftwareUpdateHandling#Installing";
>

> did someone mentions Transformers?
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akNJ6S2UqsE
>

> apologies ahead of time, transformers are awesome.
>

> On a more professional note. Android recently added a check box to all
> apps in their "software center" to allow updates without confirmation.
> Despite security advocates, will there be an option for "other
> applications" to update without confirmation?

Hmmmm I like the idea of auto updates too. What id like to see if one
was made would be 2 check boxes 1 allow updates from official
sources(just main) and one for unofficial sources (universe, ppas,
public repos like last.fm, the debian repos and dl.google.com). This
would make it very simple and very easy to configure.

--fagan