Re: How to handle multi-window launcher icons

Hi David,

This is an interesting corner case, thanks for pointing it out, could you
>> tell me some applications which are meant to be working in this way? I guess
>> in this case we could handle it via quick menu, just a thought.
>>

> For example, Firefox. My mom used to have a panel launcher that she would
> use to open new windows (she's old school and not much of a tab person), and
> ironically she can't use the new launcher for that.

In this specific example, a solution could be that Mozilla makes the buttons
to open a new window, or open a new tab, more visible. It's important to
draw a line from the responsabilities of the software and the operating
system, and of course weight these corner cases.

> Is this the problem you are trying to solve with your "window spread"?
>>

>  Well, I think I brought up several cases where having the spread was
> handier, but that would be the main problem to solve, yes. That was my
> favourite feature from the task list, and the launcher seems to have lost
> it.

I think it's something worth investigating. Thanks for share it with us.

Best, chr